Powered By Blogger

10/22/11

"WHEN THE SUN GOT HOT ENOUGH, IT BURNED AWAY ALL THE ILLUSIONS AND I SAW THE PLACE AS IT WAS -- CHEAP, SULLEN, AND GARISH -- NOTHING GOOD WAS GOING TO HAPPEN HERE."

The Rum Diary - Hunter. S. Thompson


"My first feeling was a wild desire to drive a stake in the sand and claim the place for myself. The beach was white as salt, and cut off from the world by a ring of steep hills that faced the sea. We were on the edge of a large bay and the water was that clear, turquoise color that you get with a white sand bottom. i had never seen such a place. i wanted to take off all my clothes and never wear them again"
"I sat there for a long time, and thought about a lot of things. Foremost among them was the suspicion that my strange and ungovernable instincts might do me in before I had a chance to get rich. No matter how much I wanted those things that I needed money to buy, there was some devilish current pushing me off in another direction- toward anarchy poverty and craziness. That maddening delusion that a man can lead a decent life without hiring himself out as a Judas goat."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

ранее..